Deep Sea Port
The development for Gwadar as Pakistan ‘s third deep water port has the potential to act as a catalyst for the development of the Makran Coast in South West of Balochistan. The Gwadar Deep Sea Port Project is to be implemented in two phases as under:
- Dredging in 5 km length of navigational channel to accommodate vessels 11 meter draft Â (50,000 DWT) with appropriate turning area.
- Reclamation of land and associated port works, providing 3 berths of 600 meter total length Â and 200 meter each for general cargo and multipurpose facilities, together with a small boat Â berthing area.
- Open and covered storage area including provision for the storage of containers.
- Buildings and equipment for cargo loading and port operations.
- Services, including power generation and desalination plant to meet the needs of the port.
- Dredging of navigational channel to 14.7 meters, to accommodate large ships upto 200,000 DWT.
- 2 Container berths (300 meters each)
- 1 Bulk Cargo Terminal (300 meters).
- 1 Grain Terminal (300 meters).
- 1 roll on – roll off / passenger cum general cargo terminal (200 meters)
- 2 Oil piers to accommodate for 200,000 DWT ships.
- Future expansion for 2 container berths (300 meters each).